Diary of a pregnancy

29-year-old Londoner, pregnant for the first time, trying to record it all before I forget!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

40 weeks! (but no baby yet)

Well, here we are at 40 weeks of pregnancy - officially the day on which Coco should make his appearance. This morning I weighed in at 11st 9lb, meaning I have put on two and a half stone during this pregnancy. But with the baby fully engaged and still measuring off the scale for his/her dates, I should be in for a significant weight loss when he finally pops out!

So at the moment I am still waiting around, like Joan Sims in Carry On Matron, for a baby that seems in no hurry to appear just yet. If there's no news by next Tuesday, the midwife will do a membrane sweep; if that doesn't get things going then we will have to look at induction. But hopefully nature will take its course before it comes to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home